Travel Coaches Checklist for Games
Contact opposing coach. Confirm game time, get directions
to the field, confirm uniform colors. If colors are the same,
the Home team changes.
Hand out (email) directions to the field and game time
information to your team.
- Bring ice and a First Aid kit.
- Arrive 30 —45 minutes before game time.
- Home coach - check the field for corner flags, nets are
fastened and goals are anchored.
- Have 3 copies of your Roster Form completed with players
names and uniform #‘ s.
- Have coaches passes available to present to the Referee.
(2 coaches on the sideline)
- Have player passes available for travel teams.
- Each coach pays 1/2 Referee fee in Cash $ before the game.
The amount is on the game cards.
- Each team is to provide 1 linesperson to assist the Referee
in calling out of bounds for U9/U10 games with only a center referee. This person is not to call off-sides.
- Home team provides game balls. Have 2 for game.
- Make sure your Goal Keeper shirt is a different color from
both teams colors.
During the Game
- Demonstrate proper conduct and sportsmanship
towards opposition and Referee.
You are responsible for your players conduct and
the conduct of your fans
- Keep your comments and instructions to your players positive.
Remember, whatever you yell, the parents will hear.
If the game is lopsided, teams are allowed to pull players.
- Be prepared for injuries
After the Game
- Congratulate the opposing team and thank the Referee
- Keep your post game talk short and positive. This is
not the time to discuss mistakes observed during the game.
Wait 24 hours before assessing the game with the team.
- Report the score on the league website within 24 hours of the game.
If any comments are warranted, good or bad, about the refereeing,
complete a referee evaluation form and send it to the club president.
Do not confront the Referee about a call you disagreed with.
NEVER CONFRONT THE OPPOSING TEAM, Fans, Coaches, etc.,
Save all comments for the club officers.
If no referee showed up for the game report this to your club with your scores.